Login

Maze for Linux

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to Maze Forum!

This is a technical support forum for Maze customers, and for everybody who is interested in Maze. This is the place to ask a question about Maze, report a bug, suggest a new feature, or share your Maze user experience.

We encourage you to post your questions here, so that other users can learn from you and participate in the discussion. Still, if you prefer to ask your question privately, feel free to send us an email.

This is a new forum, and we can't wait to hear from you! Please help us to start the discussion. Thanks!
  • Page:

TOPIC: core dump

core dump 6 years ago #1

it core dum at mGetWord(mSysEnter) == code

Re: core dump 6 years ago #2

• roni
Hi Nithesh,

Thanks a lot for reporting the bug!

From the info I can see that your application is 32 bit, and, that, most likely, your kernel is newer than 2.6.27. The problem has been overlooked mostly because 90% of maze users run 64 bit applications, that no longer use the "sysenter" machine instruction.

Please post the output of these two shell commands:

uname -a

cat /etc/*-release

Having this information about you system will enable us to to fix the bug.

Cheers,

Roni.

Re: core dump 6 years ago #3

version is 2.6.18-8.e15

and its Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5

Re: core dump 6 years ago #4

• roni
Thank you, Nithesh.

Could you also tell me if the OS is 32 bit, and if the Red Hat Enterprise release is 5 or 5.<something>? The two shell commands above would have given you the complete info...

Re: core dump 6 years ago #5

sorry

its 32 bit machine
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)
Linux 2.6.18-8.e15 #1 SMP i686

Re: core dump 6 years ago #6

• roni
Thanks! We will build the system and try to reproduce the problem. This may take several days. I'll keep you posted.

Re: core dump 6 years ago #7

• roni
I built your system equivalent, reproduced the bug, and fixed it.

Previously 32 bit maze has been tested only on x86_64 machines. On those the 32 bit system calls used "sysenter" instruction. On i686 it was "int $0x80" though. That was why the assertion failed: it did not recognize the correct instruction code in your process' address space.

However I found several problems which you may encounter when running maze on i686 machine. Please bear with me for another few days. I will fix the issues and then update the 32 bit maze.

Re: core dump 6 years ago #8

• roni
Hi Nithesh,

Thank you for your patience. The issues are fixed.

Please download the entry marked with from the Downloads area.

It is a special build for you. Please try it and let me know how it works!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds

This site is currently maintained for reference only. Maze development and user subscriptions have been discontinued.